Data Recovery For Individuals
For many Americans, the family computer is also the keeper of considerable amounts of personal information and assets. From credit and banking information, to tax records, to family photos, address books, movies and music…years, and even lifetimes of valuable information and memories are at stake when threatened by any number of things:
- Corrupted file structure
- Corrupt firmware
- Accidental deletion or reformatting
- Power surge
- House fire
- Flood and water damage
ERS has a restoration group that is able to restore your drive back to a pre-loss condition using a proprietary cleaning method developed in-house. We can also perform the same services to your digital camera directly. For the following media, our recovery process is the same.
- Hard Drives
- Digital Video
- Data Cartridges
- Flash Drives
- Memory Cards
Determine the exact failure mode of your drive(s) and recommend best course of action.
A recovery specialist will perform necessary repairs to restore function of your drive and perform data extraction on to one of our secure storage arrays.
3. Media Transfer
Once the recovery is performed, your data will be transferred to media of your choice. (i.e. CD, DVD, External Drive)
What steps do I take to retrieve my data
and stop further data loss?
- Immediately power down your system using the power button or pulling the power cord, and not using the shutdown feature of your system.
- Do not re-power your system.
- Do not run any file recovery or system recovery software.
- Consult a recovery specialist that will help analyze your particular situation in order for you to make an informed decision.
- Send your media in for an evaluation. This will determine exactly what data is retrievable as well as the cost associated to retrieve the data.